|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Sales Training & Communicationsin ourCambridgeoffice.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As aSenior Manager, Sales Training & Communicationsworking on the Sales team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
- Sales Training Strategy (50%)
Lead and manage launch planning of new and acquired products as needed. This includes conducting market research, analyzing market opportunities, reviewing field sales footprint and interpreting insights toward establishing a comprehensive launch and/or integration strategy.
Collaborate with cross functional teams to diagnose business unit challenges and internal and external gaps and to identify strategic opportunities which will ultimately impact sales results.
Partner with sales management and marketing teams to identify opportunities to enhance sales force productivity and to develop processes, tools and technology improvements.
Accumulate and organize customer insights and data into strategic recommendations and tactical execution for sales and CNE team.
Select and design tools, procedures and systems related to sales force effectiveness.
Collaborate with Field Sales and CNE leadership to develop solutions toward increasing productivity and customer impact.
Execution of training and development programs that support commercial and brand goals and objectives within agreed timelines, budget, legal/medical/regulatory review process and quality standards.
Research and execution of blended learning solutions for Field Training, National Sales Meetings, Representative Development Continuum, and Product Launch Meetings.
Conduct Advisory Boards of field-based personnel to gather feedback and best practices for strategy development and launch planning.
Provide leadership, direction and guidance for Regional Training team toward development and implementation of key training tactics.
Collaboration with all stakeholders involved in the planning, development and execution of national, area and regional sales meetings. Collaborate with key management contacts for marketing, sales, legal, and meeting planning to develop the meeting program that includes product strategy, messaging, training sessions, and related workshops.
Ensure training records are current, maintained accurately and in compliance with company procedures and all regulatory agencies.
Identify and monitor risks, barriers, and obstacles, and develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Commercial Communications (10%)
Actively seeks relevant market intelligence and communicates the details, strategy, vision and direction to field sales, market access, nurse educator and medical liaison teams in a tone that promotes our unique culture.
Proactively keep informed and up-to-date on the relevant industry codes of compliance and all related updates. Communicates clearly and effectively to the national field teams, including any actionable items or expected deliverables.
Ability to formalize communication that:
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required (preferably in business or life sciences); MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 6-8 years overall pharmaceutical sales experience or relevant clinical experience; 3+ years in oncology/hematology
- 4 years of sales management at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience and/or other relevant experience such as marketing or sales operations or other experience
- Ability to summarize relevant market and business intelligence
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to effectively lead and influence others without management authority
- Ability to manage teams and be part of a management team
- Project management is a plus
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable to deadlines and responsibilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across departments and all levels of the organization
- Superior understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in eLearning development
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both oral and written
- Skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and eLearning platforms.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.