US-PA, Hemophilia Therapy Manager (HTM) - Penn West Job 413173200A0-MZ
|Requisition ID 48115BR|
Title Hemophilia Therapy Manager (HTM) - Penn West
Job Category Marketing
Job Description Hemophilia Therapy Manager (HTM) - Penn West
The Hemophilia Sales Manager represents Novo Nordisk within an assigned territory with the goal of maximizing sales and positioning the company as the leader in the hemophilia market. The Hemophilia Sales Manager must implement Marketing and Sales strategies and tactics designed to effectively sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of hemophilia products to prescribers and non-prescribers in Hospitals, Hemophilia Treatment Centers (HTCs), Specialty Pharmacies, Home Healthcare Companies, etc. This position requires the development of strategically targeted, account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional, and national market forces that impact product sales. The Hemophilia Sales Manager also provides educational support to the Hemophilia community.
This field-based position reports to the Hemophilia BioPharmaceutical Regional Director and interacts internally with other sales representatives, Medical Liaisons, Market Access Account Executives/Strategic Account Executives and other Novo Nordisk Departments. External relationships primarily include physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and various Healthcare Professionals (Prescribers and non-Prescribers) in Hospitals, Hemophilia Treatment Centers, and Specialty Pharmacies.
* Sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s Hemophilia Portfolio with a focus on appropriate Prescribers and Non-Prescribers who make or are involved in purchasing and prescribing decisions:
* Deliver promotional and educational messages for Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of hemophilia products in accordance with each product’s FDA-approved labeling.
* Market and educate about the key features of Novo Nordisk’s hemophilia products and services with an emphasis on benefits for particular patient profiles.
* Probe for, anticipate, and appropriately respond to customers’ questions, objections, problems, and concerns.
* Use all available approved resources to their fullest effect to appropriately promote and sell our hemophilia products and services. Evaluate each particular situation and select the appropriate approved resources for maximum effect.
* Actively contribute to the overall sales goals of the Company and its Sales/Marketing Departments.
* Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards at all times.
* Meet or exceed assigned sales or volume objectives through effective utilization of all available resources, strategies and tactics.
* Assess the needs of the hemophilia community with respect to care, unmet needs and education to better inform Marketing or support programs.
* Provide recommendations for sales and marketing solutions based on understanding and evaluation of trends, market dynamics, customer needs, and competitors’ products or services.
* Record call notes, including products discussed, sales aids utilized and any other information that will ensure maximum effectiveness for future sales calls.
* Participate in and contribute to marketing and sales meetings, training programs, displays and conventions as appropriate.
* Follow the specific direction of Novo Nordisk Sales/Marketing Departments regarding the use of selling materials and product information.
* Work in compliance of all corporate policies and guidelines.
* Develop and maintain a mastery of product knowledge and consultative promotion techniques.
* Continuously promote and improve knowledge of Novo Nordisk’s products, competitive products and promotional skills through participation in Company-sponsored or approved training programs.
* Anticipate potential trends and changes in market conditions to identify broader areas of opportunity for the Company.
* Cultivate relationships with the Hemophilia community by participating in and assisting with Community events on behalf of Novo Nordisk.
* Effectively manage and prioritize time and available resources to achieve maximum sales in the local territory.
* Follow direction of the Hemophilia BioPharmaceutical Regional Director regarding the use of all electronic territory management systems currently active within Novo Nordisk. Maintain complete and accurate records of all Healthcare Professionals and accounts.
* Maintain and extend Novo Nordisk’s position as a leader in the Hemophilia marketplace.
* Establish key account and territory plans with appropriate collaboration with Medical and Market Access stakeholders aligned to national goals and Marketing strategy.
* Represent Novo Nordisk at National, Regional and/or local Hemophilia meetings and events.
* Adhere to minimum normal working hours in the designated territory, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
* Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, displays and Hemophilia community activities as directed by Management, which may require work/travel on weekends or in addition to normal work hours.
* Manage territory in an effective and efficient manner while adhering to company policies, procedures and Sales/Marketing direction.
* Employ effective time management to ensure maximum customer penetration and sales volume.
* Maintain company property in a responsible manner, in accordance with company policies and procedures, and the Company’s legal obligations.
* Manage discretionary budget while adhering to Company guidelines for maximum sales impact.
* Occasionally lift and transport literature, AV equipment and miscellaneous items or request appropriate and reasonable accommodation.
* Identify, develop, maintain and leverage relationships with Healthcare Professionals (prescribers and non-prescribers) who make or influence purchasing and prescribing decisions.
* Actively seek opportunities to plan and execute educational meetings within the Hemophilia community, including peer-to-peer Healthcare Professional programs and community-based programs with consumers and Hemophilia Chapter
* Respond to/make timely and appropriate referrals regarding clinical or scientific inquiries.
* Customize each call to each customer to maximize the opportunity to increase sales of Novo Nordisk products.
* Analyze and leverage understanding of the patient profiles of targeted and non-targeted physicians in the territory and how those profiles impact territory sales.
* Identify and respond to obstacles preventing the use of Novo Nordisk products.
* Leverage understanding or impact of managed care in the territory and how it affects physicians’ prescribing decisions. Adjust sales and marketing strategies accordingly.
* Represent Novo Nordisk to the Hemophilia community with the goal of increasing patient awareness of Novo Nordisk’s Hemophilia products, support offerings and services.
Additional Information QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor’s degree required from a 4-year college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales (hemophilia/hemostasis product experience preferred) OR a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in hemophilia required, of which at least 2 years are in pharmaceutical sales. Hemophilia experience may include hemophilia care, treatment or advocacy.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the hemophilia market preferred, coupled with aptitude for learning.
* Experience selling to teaching hospitals, sales and service to blood banks and home healthcare companies preferred.
* Territory and organizational management skills, account management and business acumen required.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical and scientific product and disease management information required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required. Individual performer with demonstrated ability to work in team setting.
* Must be a self-starter with ability to evaluate options and make decisions with minimal supervision.
* Use of Microsoft Office and iPad applications needed for customer management, customer engagement, call plan tracking and monitoring of progress toward sales objectives.
* Willingness and ability to work at times that correspond to Hemophilia community events (e.g., evenings and weekends).
* Works within NNI’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk Essentials.
* Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
* Up to 75% overnight travel required.
* Lifting between 20-25 pounds may be required.
Department MKT - SALES EAST (H) (1)
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - PA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com